Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 30 May 2016

Three weeks in and still improving

I am now three weeks in and doing well. My son returned to London yesterday and I dropped him at the train station. I have been reminded by my body, that although I am healing, I am still not right. All the extra gear changes had me realising what muscles you actually use to drive. I need to build up the muscle toning again. This has been started, but on a very basic easily controlled toning. Little and often rather than the 30 odd reps that I was used to doing. Now we are up to six of each exercise and then repeating this three times a day. So much less than I would like to be doing.
Today, I've done a few jobs – my first half hour of ironing, a little dusting and later I'm hoping to make some cupcakes. I had intended to go to the garden centre to pick up a few plants and grow bags, but it is cold and damp and I will need help bringing in the grow bags so I really can’t do that yet.
My intention is to go into work on Wednesday for a couple of hours and then work from home for a few hours each day to bring myself up to date with what has been going on. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. My major issue is getting over the tiredness I feel after doing the simplest of tasks. This is something else I need to improve too.
My garden is looking better with the grass mown and some of the long grasses and weeds have been pulled up. There is still much to do to get the garden where it should be now, but I just have to be patient and do it slowly. However, there are some beetroot shoots growing, stocks, hollyhocks and a couple of the lilies are poking their heads through. 
I'm happy with the few things I’ve managed to get done, I’d just have liked to have done some more by now. I'm sure once everything comes together the garden will look stunning.

I have at last thrown away my old rotary washing line and have replaced it with a new one. My son set it up yesterday, however it is not quite straight, but will be soon. It will be nice to be able to dry the washing outside once again. It will have that fresh air smell to it – that can’t be beaten.
I am also hoping to get some of my writing done. I'm beginning to get the itch of writing again, but not enough to start yet. I do hope this itch will get stronger quickly and when I get back to it things will flow.
As I’ve been away from the Windmill Writers group, the circle I run at the Windmill Pub in Chipperfield, the meetings haven’t happened. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to go back to lead them yet, but I am hoping that they will rectify this and meet up. It is so easy for a group to break up when they don’t meet for a period of time, so guy’s and girls pull your fingers out and get meeting up. I'm looking forward to reading some update posts on our Facebook page. I'm looking forward to joining you all in three week’s time if things go to plan here.

No comments: