Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Tuesday 10 July 2007

London Literary festival


This was my first time at the London Literary Festival. A beautifully air conditioned auditorium filled with excited children and adults all there to listen to Jacqueline Wilson OBE.

Children's Laureate 2005-07 captivated the attention of the auditorium with her lively address. Jacky Daydream, Jacqueline's latest book is the biography of Jacqueline's first 10 years of her life. It is amusing and poignant giving us an insight to what makes Jacqueline tick. A brilliant read. Afterward, Jacqueline happily took time to sign my two books – Jacky Daydream and Candy Floss, which are to be auctioned off to raise funds for my school. These will be auctioned off during one of the BPSA quiz nights or another event. I've recently organised the writing competitions within the school and the children have responded avidly. We offer a trophy and £10 book voucher for the winner with the two other placed entries receiving £5 book vouchers each. Each child receives a certificate and those shortlisted also receive a pen/book or stationary set. Jacqueline was keen to chat about the competition and discuss with me the things she thought would stimulate reluctant readers and writers. I'd just like to thank Jacqueline for taking the time to talk with me in a very busy day - Thank you.

No comments: