Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Wednesday 31 October 2007

Preparing for competitions.

Since I can only get on the computer at work - its the only one with an Internet connection - I've been lax in adding to my blog.
In my defence I've been working hard editing my latest 9-11 year old novel. It is as usual a fantasy novel with lots of unusual creatures and events. I'm going to be entering this into a national children's writing competition. It has been hard work, but satisfying. I will be up against hundreds if not thousands of other entrants, but you have to try. One thing I know is that my writing has become stronger and my voice appears to be good. (or so I've been told) The competition will be stiff, but I want to be a children's author. This is a great opportunity that I'm not willing to miss.
Once my entry is off in the post, I'm getting back to Wybird and Symidan, which are coming along nicely.
So wish be good fortune and maybe one day I'll be able to write the word 'Success' as a title for one of my blogs.

No comments: