Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 3 November 2007

Moving on...

My manuscript has now been sent. I can but hope that it will inspire and amuse the judges. It will be a chance in hundreds may be thousands of being placed. Like hundred's of writers like myself, competitions are one way of getting our work seen.

I have been fortunate in having my work seen, more requested, but that elusive deal is still just out of reach. When I look back at my writing seven years ago, I'm proud to say that my skills have much improved. I'm sure I still have lots to learn. I love moments when things fall into place. As a dyslexic writer, punctuation is not just a problem - it is scary. I still make mistakes here, but not as many as I used to. It helps having friends who are willing to give their time freely to help. They won't know how much that means to me. Or how scared I was in asking them for the help in the first place. Thankfully my friend loved the book and has asked for a copy to read to her class. Now that is scary, as I work in the same school.

Now with the competition out of the way - apart from the results, of course! I've finished with that manuscript. So I'm not returning to Wybird and Symidan. Both these books are well under way with editing and rewriting. I'm looking forward to sitting back and relaxing whilst I write. Not having the time pressure on me. At least not for a while. Only the pressure I put on myself!
I'm off now to get some chores done before I sit with the laptop and give my son's machine back to him.

No comments: