Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 9 February 2008

Another knock back but I'm

Well this morning that dissapointment hit again. I wasn't shortlisted for the Times Chickenhouse find an authour competion, however nor were another 1995 competitors. The five selected were very impresive. Many people were disapointed that there hadn't been a longlist before the shortlist was announced. However I feel it is better not to know if you're entry came 2000th.
This has not discouraged me, because I'm in this for the long haul and will not be put off I just need to get my children's work underneath the nose of the right agent or publisher. In that lies the hard work that is continuous.
I'm currently finishing Wybird (7-9) having Out of Body read and about to submit Starmite my competition entry to agents/publishers. Looks like I'll be working hard over the halfterm.
I've recently had some good critiques for my work and this has inspired me. I think this has helped me to perserver. One publisher likes my writing and would like to find a book from me that she can publish, but she doesn't do fantasy...I need to find a storyline and characters that will stay away from fantasy and I might stand a chance. Until then I'll carry on with the fantasy in hope that someone somewhere will fall in love with my work.
I girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: