Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 20 July 2013

Tomorrow I will write!

The last few weeks have been frantic, covering for a colleague and playing catch up on my own work and recuperating from my illness at the same time – not easy. This has meant resting in the evenings so that on the writing front not a lot has been happening on paper, but the mind has been having a wonderful time coming up with interesting opportunities for my characters to endure. Tomorrow, which is Sunday, I will be spending my time in the garden writing. I've so much to catch up on since I last opened up my writing files.

Last week my wonderful son got his degree and a job, can’t ask for better than that. It is a relief and he is looking forward to the new challenges ahead. With the graduation celebrations imminent it looks like we might have a hot sunny day for the big day. We have decided that we are going to be going up the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth as we've spoken about it all the time and never done it.

 This week’s prompts are below. Use them to inspire a piece of writing. This can be a monologue, short story, play-let or poem.
  • “The button didn't work!”
  • “How do you mean, you can’t stop it?”
  • “I knew it was deep, but not this deep, sorry.”

Make them light, dark or downright daft, but show the correct passion in the work to make it come alive for your reader.


So go on, get writing. 

No comments: