Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 6 June 2015

Expressing emotions through poetry.

New beginnings, farewells and catching up with people and making new connections, this has been my week. Along with editing, looking out for submission options and looking through old poetry files. Some interesting pieces. This one may not be the best, but it meant so very much to me when I wrote it and I guess it still does.














Fragile Butterflies

A mind full of butterflies
Floating through my skin
Open up their trusting wings
And fly on the wind

Their golden dust of honesty
Dances lightly by my side
Offering up themselves to you
Permit them come inside

Tenderly they flutter down
Touch your heart unknown
Filter through the outer shell
And rest upon your mind

The wonder of love they hold
Has worked its magic touch
My mind full of butterflies
Have found their heart, their home.

by Susan K Franklin

As the butterfly season is now with us, the writing prompt for this week is to write your own poem using the image above. You can make it romantic, comical magical or perhaps turn these lovely delicate insects into something darker. Use rhyme or not, make it your own and enjoy painting a picture with fewer words.

So go on, get writing.  

No comments: