Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 23 December 2011

Topic Task - Week Eight

Right, I've been thinking about a challenge I could give you to work on over the festive period. I've decided to give you a scenario and you can work around it, pick bits out of it to use to create your own story.

1. Scenario:
All the Christmas gifts have been handed out. Only one of the characters has been having an affair and has just realised that if they don't get the gifts back, and swapped before the recipients open them life will hell. Who is having the affair and the out come is yours, only remember this is Christmas, there may be more than three people you need to think about. Remember to draw your characters clearly, think dialogue and remember all the senses. 

2. Scenario:
When you live in the country, your car has broken down, two miles from the nearest house and Mummy is ill and not responding, how do you get help? No you can't phone as there is no mobile signal, and you are alone with your younger brother and sister. What you do with this is up to you. I see it as either a short story or the opening of a children's piece. Make sure you use all the senses and how about trying to do it from the child's point of view.

I hope you are inspired by these topics and develop a good piece of writing.

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and I hope you get time to write and if you do, please remember to let me know if your writing is improving with the help of these prompts.

Go one, get writing.

No comments: