Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 2 March 2012

Topic Task - Week Eighteen.

It's Friday, I've had a very busy week and I'm pleased to say that my own writing is coming on nicely. I'm about to send material out to a fantastic illustrator for his thoughts and submit some short stories to an E-publishers. I'm still creating scenes for my novel and I'm finding some interesting twists that I hadn't planned, which seem to be working well.

Below you will find two starting points which I'm hoping will inspire you to get all poetical, a little risqué or mix the two together and see where it takes you.

1. The petals unfurled revealing a tantalising moistness...
2. Her caress travelled down across his taught skin...

Of course you can use these starting points as they stand or use them as a creative launching pad and see where you end up. Above all have fun with it.

Idea: Try doing it as a stream of thought. Pick up the pen and allow the thoughts to tumble out and once you get to a natural finishing point, stop. Then see what you've created. Ask yourself how can I improve this?

Don't forget to let me know how you are getting on.

So go on, get writing.

No comments: