Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 20 April 2012

Topic Task - Week Twenty-Five

What a wonderful week. I've spent my week off writing, having fun with my son and catching up with writing friends. It has been very productive. I've had the fantastic illustration for Intergalactic Orksnog given to me by the very talented Vincent Shaw-Morton. I'm pleased to say that a couple of days ago he secured an agent for his work. A fantastically talented artist/illustrator - remember to check out his website.
I've also completed and am today submitting three short stories and a few days ago I sent the first ten pages of my psychological thriller to an agent. So I have my fingers and toes crossed in hope that they are all looked upon favourably.

I've also been having a think about this weeks topic task.

You have a mantle-place in a room, you decide which room. On this mantle are twelve things - two candles, a stuffed owl, a half eaten cup cake, a faded photograph, a French clock, a sword, a cat, a tub of Vaseline, a plate of bacon, a wet dead fish and an old sock .You have to describe the room, and the items on the mantle. Each item is linked, how or why is for you to find out and to show to your reader. You are doing this in the first person.

I have no idea how you will link these items or how you will develop the scenario, but have a go and see where it leads.

Go on then, get writing.

No comments: