Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 18 January 2013

Idea from the bookcase.


There is lots of snow outside my window and the drive home from work was a bit slidy. However, I got home safely and feel much happier now. I hate driving in the snow, it freaks me out.
I’m aiming to get this blog done and up within the five minutes that the computer seems to be prepared to stay on.
So I want to ask if you’ve been writing your journal, and how is it going? Is it helping with your own creative writing?
Today, we are going to go over to our book case, or book stack or indeed the local library where you are going to select the bottom shelf and the ninth book and page 37, line 11 and take that sentence to inspire a piece of writing.
You are free to select the genre and how the sentence you’ve selected has inspired you. Why not try doing this with a friend and share your work. How can you improve it, rework and share.
Do let me know how you get on with this and if you like this type of challenge.
Go on, get writing. 

No comments: