Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 16 March 2013

It has been hectic here! Machines giving up the ghost and those that choose when to work and when not to. However, I'm getting some notes written and slowly getting them typed up. This does mean that I probably won't get the synopsis out when I wanted too, but that is something I have to accept and strive on through the annoyance that is the world of computers. Writing without one is impossible.

I'm currently sitting in my kitchen with the computer cable propped up in a position that seems to work! The sweet fragrance of home baked ginger cake is surrounding and tempting me into having a slice before it is cool and iced.

There are times when things just don't work out as we expect and that is what I want you to think about this week. Things that are emerging and could possibly go on to be brilliant, but will it turn out that way. Will the bud bloom or be crushed before it has a fair chance. I'm not going to give you any scenarios or other prompts, you need to think of a situation, perhaps one you have experienced or observed and use it. Perhaps take it in a different direction so that the outcome is vastly different to the actual event. Whatever you decide to do make it real. Remember all the bells and smells. 

Here is a link you might be interested in. The wonderful writing circle I am part of is running their annual conference on 20th April 2013 which is packed with agents, editors and authors. If you are serious about writing then you should attend at least one conference a year, more if you get the chance. It is a chance to see what other writers are creating and do that all important networking. Why not check it out? There are still a few tickets available so click on this link and take a look. It might just take you that step closer to becoming a published author. Verulam Writers Circle

I'm off to do some synopsis writing.

Go on off you go, get writing.

No comments: