Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 26 May 2014

Four Writing Prompts.

Right, I'm back! There have been many things going on with my father who has been in hospital but is now back in his care home. Work has also been very demanding which has all kept me from my writing. I will endeavour to improve my blogging and need to kick myself to get back into my own WIP.

I'm looking forward to my next lot of time off work as I'm having a writing extended weekend. All being well, I will have time to focus, up early write for the morning and garden in the afternoon and back to the writing in the evening. That is what I'm looking forward to. I wish I could do that every day, but the bills need to be paid, so I can’t get off the treadmill for a long while yet.

For this week’s writing prompts I've given you two images, and two written prompts.









In the flower pot.            Told you I wasn't heavy.

The following two prompts should be either used to stimulate a short story or poetry. However if either stimulates something else just follow your thoughts and write it.

1.       Don’t ask how, ask why?
2.       The perils of the shredder.

I hope one of these prompts inspires you for the coming week or so. Why not give them all a try, the more we practice the better our work becomes. And writing less often, as I know impedes our progress.


So go on, get writing. 

No comments: