Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 5 May 2014

To walk in their shoes.



The sun is out and I've been out in the garden, putting right all that I didn't do last year. When I say all, I mean I've started sorting out the mayhem that was my garden. It is beginning to look good once more.  
To aid me with this I've also attacked the two brick built sheds. They have been great places for me to put everything that I ‘might’ need in the future. I've have now been through the tool shed, and the larger ‘Junk’ shed - I'm pleased with the result. 
My lovely garden is on her way back.


For your writing prompt this week I've have commandeered four pairs of shoes.
Each pair of shoes belongs to separate individuals. I want you to create a character that goes with each pair. Once you have written out your character traits, you will put those characters in the one of the following scenarios:
  • Walking in the country on a breezy, but sunny spring day when they encounter an uneasy herd of cows blocking their way.
  • A road traffic incident on a cold, rainy night on a road with no street lighting, no buildings except a ramshackle animal shelter.

You work out how difficult you want these scenarios to be for your characters. Make sure your dialogue is accurate for each character and that it is believable. Why not throw your characters in and see where they take you?


So, go on, get writing. 

No comments: