Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 11 March 2016

Work, Writing and Wonderful Weekends.

So it is the end of the week and I arrived home to find a strange parcel on my back-door mat. Now, I wasn't expecting anything and for it to be in the centre of my mat with no way of the postman getting round, it confused me. I got to thinking who would send me a gift and not let me know it was coming? I couldn't think of anyone, so picking it up and going inside I grabbed the scissors and carefully slit open the bag inside were two packs of tulip cupcake cases from the states. I’d forgotten I’d ordered them and it was a pleasant surprise. I will use them for one of my colleagues at work, whose birthday is next Wednesday. I've promised to make strawberry cupcakes for her.

It has been a very busy week at work, which I love, but boy, it has been so busy, I thought I’d never get home each night. I'm looking forward to the new developments that all the change will bring and hope this will enhance my own role. Only time will tell. Above all I'm loving it.

Writing has been going well too. I've previously told you of the thriller competition I've entered, which I hope fits the box they asked for, but if not it was good to try my hand at something new. I've also sent off three of my picture book stories and I can only hope that they curry favour with the editors. Only time will tell, but as always I will let you know how things pan out.

My weekend is looking full once again. Meeting up with friends, baking and if the weather is kind to me I’ll be out in the garden chopping things down and l may be burning, if I can get a new burner as I pulled the old one out from beneath the bush and it was rather rustier than I remembered.

If you would like a writing challenge for this weekend, here it is.

Using the image and the caption as inspiration, write either a short story or poem.

Another night alone with a glass of red.












Go on, get writing. 

No comments: