Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Thursday 14 June 2007

Winchester Writers Conference

Anyone interested in writing should investigate the annual Winchester Writers Conference. I've attended for the last five years and am attending again this year. Why you ask should I go? Well if you really are interested in writing and want to network, which is one of the most important parts of writing if you intend to look for publication, then Winchester is your place. You get the chance to chat with authors from many genre. Sit along side publishers and agents. Take the opportunity to brush up your skills with a two day workshop or attend seminars about something new. Whatever your interest in writing there will be something there for you. Not only that you get a chance to have your work judged, criticised and you might just win a prize. It is great fun, tiring but fun. Yes it is a bit pricey, but if you are dedicated to your writing it is worth every penny. I've entered four competitions this year - I'll let you know how I do. In the past I've been shortlisted (many times) and last year won the 12+ children's writing competition. I've sent in some experimental work this year and am looking forward to the reaction. Whatever way, win or not I'm looking forward to receiving my critique which will help my writing improve. Take a shifty at their website: http://www.writersconference.co.uk/

No comments: