Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 8 September 2008

A Sense of Achievement.

Some days you set up your workstation and everything goes to pot, but not today. Today my characters managed to do exactly what I wanted them to do and set themselves up nicely for the next and final section of my book.

Before I can continue to write the final part, I have to work out how to skin a pig. No honestly I really do. It’s crucial to the plot and needs to be written correctly. Research, even in a fantasy novel is necessary and needs to be accurate.

I remember once, I read out a chapter of a book that I was completely happy with, only to find my physics were all wrong. Things can’t physically fly in space - major plot flaw there. Thanks to members of the Verulam writers circle this issue was soon corrected and with a good rewrite of the chapter and character everything was soon knocked into shape.

So whatever you are writing check the accuracy, which is what I’m just about to do.

No comments: