Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 1 September 2008

What a Summer!

Okay, it’s been raining – loads of rain and not much sun, but that has been brilliant in an odd sort of way. Having the summer off of work is great; it gives me time to really write. The down side is that I don’t get paid. On the upside when I do sell a book at least I’ll feel that I’ve earned every penny.

Over the last six weeks I’ve been rewriting, rewriting and rewriting. It’s been illuminating. The book I’ve been working on is ‘Blades of Time’ is a fantasy quest aimed at the 11+ market. It’s been great fun treating my characters cruelly, putting them in peril and disposing of some of them in odd and peculiar ways. Making my characters think on their feet and knock them sideways once in a while keeps them a live and active. I don’t suppose they like it much, but hey, their lives would be boring if they knew what was going to happen all the time, wouldn’t it?

At last the book is complete apart from one last read through, red pen job and final polish. Book two is now getting put down in plot form, but before I get down to write that I’ve got to get book one out there and sold. So while I’m going to start sending out, I’m going to get back to another book ‘Intergalactic Orksnog’. This needs a full jigsaw puzzle treatment. By this I mean pulling it all apart, removing bit, adding bits and putting it all back together in hope that it will mould together to from the perfect picture or in this case the perfect book.

So with that I’m off to write.

No comments: