Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 23 June 2012

Topic Task - Week Thirty-Four

Sorry for the delay. I've been picking my son up from Portsmouth. He is now home for the summer. It is great to have him home, however the house seems to have shrunk!

I've been asked to do a few book reviews and will be posting my thoughts here and also on If Shakespeare. The first will be posted by the beginning of July followed by another a month later. I'm hoping book reviews will become a permanent feature of my blog.

This weeks topic task deals with disappointment. I want you to imagine a situation where your character is expectant of something wonderful happening and it doesn't. How do they deal with the disappointment? Can they turn the disappointment around, or will they wallow in despair?
You need to show what effect this has on the characters. Remember to use their actions, dialogue and inner thoughts to show the reader what your characters are going through.
Try doing this within 1000 words. Make it as difficult as you like, but above all, make it believable.

So go on, get writing.

No comments: