Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 15 June 2012

Topic Task - Week Thirty-Three

It has been an interesting week and for the most part it has been fun. I've written up extra parts of a plot and emailed a brief synopsis off and await comment.
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Winchester Writers Conference this year. This will be the first time in about eleven years. I will miss you all and my June injection of inspiration which always get my writing buzzing. On the up side I am able to get to the York Festival of Writing which is in September. Once again I will be running the One-to-Ones and making sure everyone adheres to the schedule. So if you are going, I'll see you there.

This weeks topic task is linked to the forth coming 'Race for Life' that is taking place over the country. There will be one near you. I'm taking part this coming Sunday and despite the forecast for rain, I'm really looking forward to dressing up, red tinsel wig and all and power walking around the park. Soggy wet or hot and steamy, it will be fun.

I want you to write a piece of creative work that shows the excitement, exhaustion and euphoria for completing a race, walk or jog for charity. Don't for get that some will be sweet and stunning at the begining and at the end. Others will turn to sweaty, steaming heaps. However your charity supporters end up let us feel what they feel, see what they see, understand the pain, joy or annoyance they experience. Create some quirky, posh, common as muck and remember these events draws fundraiser's from all walks of life, show this in your writing.

So what are you waiting for? Get writing.

And if you fancy sponsoring me to do the walk click on this link http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/susankfranklin

Thank you.

No comments: