Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Monday 17 September 2012

Topic Task - Forty-Six

Apologies once again for my tardiness. I was taking wonderful son back to university and spent the weekend with him - played pool, haven't done that in over 15 years! I can still do it, I'm pushing the thought to the back of my head that they might have been being very kind, but no, I won fair and square. That is my belief, however don't ask me to play for money. Played three games lost one and won two.

I came back from the York festival of Writing buzzing and rather inspired to look back at some of the many manuscripts still lurking in my cupboards. I've found one that had some great feed back and have decided to spend some time re-editing it. So I've printed off a new copy and will be taking that out into the garden with me along with a pen and pot of tea.
I've also now fully plotted out my thriller after many chats with editors/agents at the conference. It was very useful to bounce the ideas I had which has now formed the completed plot line. I'm looking forward to starting this shortly.

So what joys are there awaiting you in the topic task for this week.

I thought it would be an interesting task to take inanimate objects and give them a personality. You can chose from one of the options below or select a place of your own to develop.
1. Child's bedroom - toy's are the obvious ones here but want about the changing mat!
2. Garage - what would the car say to the motorbike or lawn mower?
3. Bathroom - imagine what the loo might be saying to the bath?
4. The Cellar - this could be fun, dark or down right dangerous.

So if you don't like one of those, then find a place and let your imagination take you on a journey. See how wonderfully creative you can be.
Go on, get writing.

No comments: