Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 7 June 2013

From the Cottage Window.

What a beautiful week. I even managed to get time to sit out in the sun! Just sitting, not writing or gardening, just sitting and letting my thoughts drift. Admittedly those thoughts did meander away to different scenarios that I could possibly use in one of my novels.

I have also shared the first three chapters of a Ribbons of Red with someone who has yet to have read any of my work. I'm awaiting her thoughts. I will let you know what she thinks. Scary!

American CrowJack Lacey, another writing friend is about to publish his latest 'American Crow' novel, check out his website  for more details. I'm sure when I get the chance to read this novel I'll be posting a review here. If you would like a sneak preview you can find that on his website too. or click here and follow the link 'Books' read the opening page and then click on 'View More'.

Now lets look at the writing challenge for this week. It was whilst I looked out my cottage window and across my neatly mown lawn, that I watched a queue of traffic waiting to go through the temporary traffic light system at the crossroads. It was then that I noticed a handsome young man driving his four by four with his black Labrador in the passenger seat. The dog was harnessed and was enjoying the gentle caress of its owner. I will leave my thoughts here, but I want you to take the journey further. What happens next? Remember this story is set in the leafy lanes of Hertfordshire, England, with the fields, birds, rabbits, badgers, deer, horses and other wildlife, There are people and cars and tractors, lorries and we mustn't forget the horse boxes.

Try to think of a market for your story and target it accordingly.

So what are you waiting for, get writing.

No comments: