Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Sunday 2 June 2013

'Word Fit' - Just Six Little Words

I good week all round. Working on the plots and thought I had done them well, until that is, I read them to a friend and realised that there were many areas in need of tweaking. I have now rewritten them and just need to type up the new version. I really hope this time when I look back at them they will be fine, I'd like to say perfect, but... Then all I'll need to do is send them off and see what responses they get.

I have to confess that I've spent most of this weekend out in the garden doing some tidying up and making the garden ready for the summer and the fun and games that will take place there this summer. This is dependent on the weather, but I am ever hopeful.

This week we are going back to an old favourite the 'Word Fit'. If you've not done this before this is what you need to do. I will give you six words and all of the words must be used in a short story 1000-1500 words. You do have to option to change the tense and make them plural as your writing requires. And obviously the plot is down to you.

Words: Odd socks - Whisky - black banana  - Scooter - Yellow/pink striped trousers (Pants) - Purple nail varnish.

I hope this will get you thinking. Remember all the items have to appear somewhere in you story.

So go on, get writing.

No comments: