Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Book Review: I'm Dougal Trump - Where is my Tarantula!

I’m Dougal Trump – Where is my Tarantula!
This is the second book from the pen of Dougal Trump with a wee bit of help from Jackie Marchant.
The first book in this series was I’m Dougal Trump and it’s not my fault! 
If you’ve not read the first book, I suggest you do before you read the second. The first book has just won the Heart of Hawick Children’s Book Award.  http://www.hawickchildrensbookaward.org/

But, let us get back to the second book –
I’m Dougal Trump – Where’s my Tarantula? Once again it is full of excitement, challenges and groundings, which Dougal has a wonderful knack of forgetting. Dougal sets up a blog and has kept his site’s password secret, or so he thought. It isn’t long before he is getting threats and when his pet tarantula ‘Sybil’ goes missing there isn’t anything he can do but follow the instructions he is given. This gets him in to even more trouble – if that is at all possible! Can he trust anyone? The fantastic illustrations by Mike Lowery and little side notes throughout the book all add to the pleasure you get when reading. This book is another winner.

So what are you waiting for? Go and get your copy, you won’t be disappointed. 

No comments: