Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 25 May 2013

Just a passenger.


I’m busily working on my current pieces and hope to get much done this weekend. I won’t however be attached to the desk all the time, as I’ll be out with friends and family. Probably doing daft things!
I’m particularly looking forward to seeing my son down in Portsmouth. There is so much going on at the moment, my head is spinning, but it is mostly good. Can only hope it continues that way.

This week we are looking at what we see whilst we are travelling. There are four situations and within each you are to tell the story of the journey your character is on.
1.       A train.
2.       A Boat/Ship.
3.       A Hot Air Balloon.
4.       A Motor Cycle.

Your character is a passenger and you need to show your reader what they encounter on their journey. Do they notice the scenery outside, are they a witness to a crime or are they more interested in the people inside the carriage or reading the latest best seller? Do they fall off, out or in into the scenery around them. Show us how this journey effects your character and how they have grown by the experience. Where you set your journey is up to you, it could be anywhere in the world, but let us know where by the words you use and please remember to include the bells and smells that makes the writing come alive on the page.

So what are you waiting for? Get writing. 

No comments: