Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 18 May 2013

Through the eyes of another.


My week has been very busy on the work front, and also on the writing front. There is still too much to do but the manuscript is shaping up nicely and I’m sure that by the end of July I will be where I want to be.
I’m awaiting feedback on a few samples and I’m hoping that when that arrives it will have me going in the right direction. I’m keen to polish and submit now.

This week we are looking at writing from the point of view from different characters. Firstly set your scene. Choose from: living room – corner shop – garden shed - art gallery. Then you are going to populate it with one or two human characters. After that you are going to select one of the following to tell the story from their point of view. Cat – Rat - Gold fish – Gecko. Think about how the scene influences your story teller, are they just watching and relaying the story, or are they in danger or being spoilt. Why not try each of the story tellers in each scenario?

This challenge will help you see things differently. It might be a good idea to get down and look from the same level as your chosen story teller. Think about what they see, and how they interpret that.

So go on, get writing. 

No comments: