Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 4 May 2013

Things aren't quite what they used to be!


These weeks are passing so quickly, I can hardly keep up! However, this is good, it means that I'm working hard on my own writing and although it is slow, it is slowly taking shape and I will soon be in a position to forward the plots off and see if they are well received. They have to be right and I can't push myself into submitting them before they are correct. Every day, every hour a new tweak - when will it end, when will I be happy? I've no idea, but I really hope it will be by the end of this coming week - focus is what is needed and perhaps a smidgen of luck, okay, a bucket load of luck.

Over the next week I'm also hoping to get a review out of 'I'm Dougal Trump... Where's my Tarantula? This is the second novel from the pen of Dougal Trump ably assisted by Jackie Marchant and illustrated by Mike Lowery. 

Now to this week’s writing prompt. This week we are looking at the musings of our characters. This week your chosen character is going to look in the mirror and for the first time notice that things aren’t quite what they used to be. They can be looking at their faces, body (clothed or unclothed) or hair. How do they react? What will they do about it? How far will they go to change things? Will they ask the opinion of others, this could mean showing the unsatisfactory area, would they be happy to do this? The beginning of your story needs to show the thoughts that are torturing their minds and show us how they deal with the situation.

So, what are you waiting for – get writing. 

No comments: