Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 3 January 2014

2014 Keep on Writing

2014 a year to keep on writing.

I do hope you have started doing your ten minute daily writing challenge. It doesn't matter what time of day you do this, but you need to make sure you pick up the pen or computer and write for ten minutes, without stopping preferably, from start to finish. What do you write about? Anything and everything. Sit on a train and describe the person sitting in front of you or at home and an object on the side or look up and see a spider and describe the room from its point of view.  You see, I doesn't really matter what you write about, you just have to do it.

To add to this daily task I'm giving you this week’s writing prompt. Use the opening words below to write a short story. Think about where you might market the work before starting.

The glass shattered into shards and began to fall…

Once you've finished, edit, and re-written I want you to submit your work. Make sure you follow the writers’ guidelines, each publication has its own rules whether it be on-line or a paper publication.
I’ve been working hard on my own writing and will let you know as I go on how things are going. I will also keep you up dated on conferences you might be interested in and please let me know of writing activities, workshops or conferences etc. in your area that I may not have heard about.


So until next week, go on, get writing.

No comments: