Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 9 January 2015

Stepping out and moving forward

So the New Year has begun and with it opportunities to develop. I'm aiming to look forward and not back to what has passed but to what is yet to come. That said, I'm putting my head down and preparing submissions this weekend. I've done all the editing, tightened and honed to the best of my ability, which only leave the submission. I've studied my market and selected my targets. I am submitting to some who have asked to see examples of my work and those suggested to me. I'm after good feedback and or representation, which would be a dream – of course after that even more hard work will ensue.

At the end of 2014 I have been able to get back in contact with many old, and I've known them for a long time, writing friends and will endeavour to keep in touch throughout 2015. It has been great to hear what everyone is getting up to and how their writing is coming on. Some great projects are developing and success has been made which excites and inspires me.

I hope you are getting on well writing up your journal every day or night and are making sure you are writing daily or as much as you can. I aim to write, think about my work or just scribble bits and bobs to keep my creative ideas alive. Doing this, I hope I will keep my writing fresh and flowing.

This week’s writing prompts are below.

  • Write the following words into a short story: Sinus – Candle – Donkey – Willow – Ink – Tools – Mouth
  • Use the following as an opening line: Two steps forward is what he said so, so be it…
  • Use the following as the ending of your work: “So drink, dance and be merry for tomorrow will never come.”

I hope you will have some fun with these prompts and please share my blog with others.

So go on, get writing.

No comments: