Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 31 January 2015

The three prompt challenge.

Due to illness last week, I didn't post. In fact this week hasn't been much better, not me ill, but my poorly father has gone downhill rapidly. I went to see him today and I can happily say he has started to fight and was engaging. I have only managed a small amount of writing, but have been doing a lot of work on structure for my YA. It was at the Windmill Writers meeting that I discussed with members and came up with the right way forward. This has been an issue for some time so I am happy to have a set direction in which to go.

There has been some amazing work coming out of from the Windmill Writers and sometimes it even surprises the authors. Which isn't a bad thing. My aim for this week is to send two manuscripts out and write for at least one hour a day – even if what I am writing isn't as good as it should be. I need to get back into the swing of it.

I am taking the opportunity to send some samples of my thrillers to a couple of people who have expressed interest and I believe will give me honest feedback.

Onto this week’s prompts. I am giving you three ideas from which you are to write one story using all three prompts. It doesn't matter which prompt you start with but at around 500 words you need to incorporate the second one and then the third 500 words later. This can be tricky, but it is worth giving it a try. You can keep with the same characters or bring in new characters, but whatever you do it needs to flow naturally.
  • Lightning struck just as…. 
  • Mould interlaced its way…
  • Blood oozed across the…


I hope you have fun doing this challenge and feel free to let me know how you faired. 

No comments: