Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Sunday 22 March 2015

Behind locked doors.

I have been very busy this weekend. Out for an early birthday lunch with my sister at Lussmann in Harpenden. The staff are always very attentive, but not in that annoying way of overcrowding, but in a discreet and unobtrusive manner. The food, as always was delicious and the portions perfect. One of my favourite places. My intention is to go there more often – well as often as I can.
I've been up in London, Richmond with my son. We had hot chocolate on a boat on the Themes and looked around, next time I go up he is showing me around KEW. It was a good day.

On the writing front, the meeting on Wednesday of the Windmill Writers was full of fun. Spontaneous writing from objects found inside a yellow cloth bag. A blind fold was placed across the eyes before dipping the hand into the bag and withdrawing an item. Then to feel, smell and taste if you fancied, before looking to see what you had selected. Then five minutes to write a description of what you have found using all the bells and smells. It was good fun and much laughter was had. This is an activity we will do again.
This week’s topic task is another photo prompt. Look at the image below and create either a short story, poem or just describe what you see. With all of these remember to make the piece come alive on the page. Make your reader believe you are there as you write.

 

So go on, get writing.
 

No comments: