Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 14 March 2015

What a week! Issues everywhere, but it is over and done with now and I'm able to take the two days to recuperate. During this madness, I have managed to send of my submission. I have chosen to try an agency who are currently accepting unsolicited manuscripts and are looking to nurture new writers, because that is how I see myself . I know I have had some small successes with publication, but not for my novels. I am positive that there is so much more for me to learn and to gain the support of an agent willing to work closely with me to shape and edit as required is what I am looking for. This isn't going to be an easy task, but I will strive to find the right support for me and therefore develop as a writer. I have the passion and hope that one day children will be able to lose themselves inside my books for a journey that helps to encourage their own creativity. (I miss working at the school, where I could share my writing with the children)

I now need to re-join SCBWI UK - I was a member, many years ago, but have been away for a while. I am awaiting an email response to see if I can either re-establish my lapsed membership or re-register as a new member. I hope to hear very soon.  

For this week’s writing prompt I'm asking you to look closely at the photo prompt below. Select a person or group of people in the image to write about. What are they doing? What is their issue? Why are they there? Or who are they going to meet? These are only some of the questions you need to be asking yourself before you start putting pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard.










So what are you waiting for, get writing. 

No comments: