Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Saturday 2 May 2015

How did we get to May so quickly? I know I’ve been very busy, but my goodness I have been lax.

There are many reasons for this, which I can’t go into here well at least not yet, but I have been writing and editing with two WIPs. I'm loving getting my head down and manipulating characters and reworking previously completed manuscript. It was two weeks ago when I went to the Windmill Writers, in Chipperfield, Hertfordshire, that I read out a scene I loved, but really didn't take the story any further. I had to cut it out and exchange it for a couple of sentences. This works much better and gives scope for a more character driven script. The more I rip out the better the story arc appears.

I am currently working of submissions for a publishing house for which I'm hoping to get some further guidance before submitting. If not, I’ll submit what I have and hope that all is correct. I can’t let this opportunity pass me by. Tomorrow will be yet another busy morning of finishing touches to the submissions and then… off they go. Always hoping for a positive result.

The writing tasks for this week are listed below. Select one, two or three or perhaps you can do all three.
  • Use all the words listed here in one piece of writing. Blade – Pasture – Vixen – Haze – Gum and Drawer.
  • Use the following sentence as the opening to a piece of writing. The shadows shivered with fear and there was little anyone could do.
  • Use the image as inspiration to write a piece of creative writing.

I hope the above inspire you imagination to write and remember these prompts are here to get you thinking out of your comfort zone – try something new.


So go on, get writing. 

No comments: