Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 20 May 2016

Post operation blog and writing prompt.


 Post operation blog. Gosh, I'm surprised how tired, no exhausted I have been. That is to say, I don’t feel tired all the time, but after doing the simplest of things I've found myself shattered. I suppose I was hoping I would be superwoman and be able to pick up quickly and keep going. No, Nada, that hasn't happened. I have slept, vegged, chilled and drifted off in front of the TV, Films and even reading. I've not had the incentive to write – not even edit! On the upside my mind has also chilled and I've not been thinking about the day job either. I know if I do, I’ll worry, and that isn't conducive to the healing process. I have discovered stitches hurt, especially when you move unexpectedly and they pull in different directions! Painful. On the upside, I'm eleven days in and things are easing up, but ever-so-often, a mean little shooting pain screams and I have to ride it out. Today is the first day of cutting out some of the pain killers, this is a slow process but a necessary one. I am keen to get back to work, so I can earn some money, but I'm listening to my body as there is no point in starting back too early and having to have more time off later because I've put my healing process back due to my own inpatients.
Thanks to my friends and family, you know who you are, for
flowers and cards that have made me smile. Particularly on those days when things haven’t been quite as good. Getting shopping for me, weeding, hoovering, helping with the washing and cat litter, giving me lifts and just being here to ensure that I'm behaving. For the phone calls, popping in for chats that stop me going stir crazy have been instrumental in keeping me sane! Well, as sane as I could possibly be. There is still one large job that needs attention, so anyone willing to make friends with my lawn mower would be greatly welcomed. I cut the lawn before the operation, but with the rain and sun the grass has thrived – too much and is in need of another haircut.
I've not been online much, but have found a nasty virus on my computer, which is proving stubborn to remove. Thankfully, my son will be able to sort this out for me next week. It will be so lovely to see him and for once I'm going to have to let him do all the cooking and cleaning. Shhh don’t tell him or he might change his mind.
One of the things that made all the lovely ladies in my ward laugh were the ‘Storm Trouper’ legs. These were essential to ensure that the circulation in our legs was kept moving whilst we were recovering from our operation. However, they did feel good as it was like having a gentle leg massage, the down side, they were very noisy so sleep was not easy. I was in St. Albans Hospital, De La Mare ward and had the most wonderful care from the cleaning staff to the consultants. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the teamwork was excellent. Everyone had a smile, food, tea and the sweet trolleys arrived with great regularity and great care was given throughout my stay. Nothing was too much trouble. A big thank you to you all for your support. I was scarred going in, as I had recently lost my father, and the last memory I had of being in hospital was being there for the final moments of my father’s life. Knowing this they went out of their way to make sure I didn't have a meltdown. I can’t thank you enough. And this was through our wonderful NHS. I can’t praise them enough.
With my comment with my ‘Storm Trouper’ legs above, I have posted a picture of this. Your task is to write a piece of creative writing using the image as your stimulus.


So go on, get writing. 

No comments: