Welcome to my writers blog.

Writing to entertain and encourage other writers. To keep you informed of events, workshops, retreats and conferences available for writers.

The Love of Dance

Friday 29 April 2016

Write a story through images.

This week has gone passed really quickly, in a haze if I'm honest, of preparations and work! I’ve been doing long hours to catch up and trying to keep things running smoothly. The project has taken a leap forward which means more to do and it needs a quick turnaround. I love it, but blimey, when do I get to breath?
My sister and I have managed to get everything sorted for Dad’s send off, my brother-in-law has produced a lovely order of service and my sister’s eulogy is beautiful. The wake has been organised at the local public house where both my sister and I would often spend time with Dad. We’d go for a walk around the woods and stop off for a drink or meal before setting off home. Good times.
I didn't get to the writing meeting this week, as I've been pretty tired and needed me time. Friends and family have been a great support. I'm looking forward to having my son home for a few days this extended weekend and getting those special hugs that only a son can give.
I'm getting some help with a project that I'm going to be working on during May and I hope to have managed to finish the venture by the end of the month. If it all goes to plan, you will see images up on here. I'm quite excited about it and hope the inhabitants will be too once they move in.
If you are looking for a writing prompt for the weekend, here it is.
Look at the images and use each in a piece of writing. Select the order in which you are going to use them and make your characters work their way through each, making sure you use description to develop atmosphere and link the images – and of course the smells and bells should be in attendance.













So go on, get writing. 

No comments: